4. Read these 5 TIPS FOR THAT HOLIDAY-READY SMILE THIS SUMMER by Dr. Uchenna Okoye #Teeth #health #smile #London
Use a whitening toothpaste – increasingly available and recommended by dentists, over-the-counter whitening toothpastes are becoming more effective. I recommend using OralB Whitening Paste. Not only is it good at removing stains, but it contains active ingredients that help prevent new stains from appearing!
2. Skip the coffee in the morning – coffee and sugary drinks, such as cola, stain the teeth. And when these stains build-up overtime, they become less than flattering. As your vacation approaches, say no to these drinks altogether or at least use a re-useable straw to drink them through – limiting the coffee-to-teeth contact. An added tip is to rinse your mouth with water to wash any staining residue.
3. Eat fruit and veg – while this is something you should already be doing, if all those food pyramid colouring in primary school didn’t teach you anything, eating fresh fruit and veg is great for your teeth Celery, carrot, and apples give you a boost of vitamin C, which increases saliva production which in turn, washes debris from the teeth.
4. See your hygienist – visiting the hygienist is a quick, easy and painless way to achieve a fresher smile. You’ll be surprised at how white and shiny your teeth will look after a good ol’ clean.
5. Undergo professional whitening treatment – of course, while whitening toothpastes and dietary changes are amazing in the long-term, nothing will have the biggest impact quite like consulting your dentist and undergoing professional whitening treatment. Book an appointment and ask them about in-office teeth whitening services. Your smile can be brightened by several shades in just one appointment with laser or under a couple of weeks with at-home whitening gels; all in time for that sunlit retreat.