5 things about the Wine & Spirit Education Trust
Expand your wine, spirits or sake education with WSET
1. The Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) is the largest global provider of qualifications in the field of wines, spirits and sake. Courses are available from beginner to expert levels to both industry professionals and interested enthusiasts through over 700 Approved Programme Providers across the world.
2. Qualifications range from Level 1 Awards in Wines, Spirits or Sake, up to the full Level 4 Diploma in Wines and Spirits. Level 1 Awards in Wine, Spirits or Sake are one day beginners’ courses with a hands-on approach, exploring the main styles through sight, smell, and taste, while providing the skills to understand the key factors affecting flavours and aromas and describe them accurately using WSET’s Systematic Approach to Tasting. Wine qualifications also include a guide to food and wine pairings. Upon successful completion of any course, students receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin – as well as impress their friends with their new knowledge!
3. Level 1 courses start from just £150 including all drinks samples and registration and examination fees (prices vary depending on course provider).
4. To book a course at the flagship WSET School London on Bermondsey Street visit https://wsetglobal.com/wset-school-london/https://wsetglobal.com/wset-school-london/ or to find another local WSET course provider near you visit https://wsetglobal.com/where-to-study/https://wsetglobal.com/where-to-study/. Treat yourself or, why not buy a course for a friend as a Christmas gift?
5. Each month WSET School London also offers a number of evening tasting events for people wanting to learn more about a particular topic without seeking qualifications. These tutored tastings are delivered by subject experts or winemakers and are designed to be both fun and educational and delivered in an informal manner. View upcoming events at https://www.wsetschool.com/tastings