5 things to do today to Stay Focused, Get Fit, Feel Great
If you’re reading this then you’ve already started your journey to becoming a more healthy you. Whether you want to shift some weight, train for an event or just fancy getting in better shape, staying focused will help you achieve your goals. We all know it isn’t just women who get body conscious, men might not be as vocal about it, but it doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen.
Initially motivating yourself to train isn’t the hard part, staying motivated and keeping the focus is the main obstacle. Whatever your goal or your reasons, there are a few simple things you can put in place to help keep yourself on track, and CNM Online, the family run washroom and heating specialist, have shared their top tips with us.
1. Find friends to train with. We probably aren’t telling you anything new with this one, but going to the gym or exercising can be pretty boring, and if you train alone it’s hard to push yourself. In an ideal world we would all have a personal trainer, but they can be a little expensive. Try to find someone with the same goals as you and then strive to meet them together.
2. Set realistic and achievable goals. You aren’t going to hit the weights a few times and walk out the gym looking like Arnie in his prime, it takes hard work, dedication, and a long time. You need to set realistic goals and timeframes, then monitor your progress alongside them. Have a look online for training programmes which fit what you’re aiming for and try to follow them. Whether you want to lose weight, gain muscle or get fit, if you’re unrealistic you’ll lose motivation.
3. Get the Apps, monitor your progress. Gone are the days of having to take a little notepad around with you to keep a track of what you’re lifting or what you’re eating. Whatever you want fitness and diet wise, there is going to be an app for it. Apps are great as you’ll more than likely always have your phone with you, so you won’t ever forget to log a snack or keep a track of your workout.
4. Mix it up. Don’t get stuck in the rut of doing the same workout at the same place with the same weights. Variety is the spice of life, and that includes the gym. Try a new class or throw in a couple of new exercises. Maybe do one week or heavy lifting and the next do lighter weights for more repetitions. Or instead of going for a long jog, do a few sets of sprints. Keep it interesting and keep yourself challenged.
5. Remember why you started. If you came across a picture of you looking in better shape, or a recent picture or you looking out of shape, keep it where you can see it. You have to keep in mind why you started and what you’re trying to achieve, and continually think of that whenever you think of quitting. Look back at your old workouts and see how far you’ve come. You see yourself everyday, so might not notice any drastic change, try taking a picture each month and keeping a record.
Great, love it