Wine at London’s Waterloo and curry in Shere – and three other things too!
- Have a glass of wine at Le Cabin at London’s Waterloo Station. Look up whilst standing at the barrier for platform one and you will see it. Great bar (why leave the station) and great good quality wine. They serve beer too!
- Visit the gift shop at RHS Wisley Gardens. We went last weekend and the you can spend hours in this gift shop. Everything from lemon curd to books on happiness. There is an OK coffee shop too but avoid the carrot cake! The garden shop where you can buy plants and herbs is also impressive. Oh, you could visit the gardens too!
- Visit the Cellar Magneval wine bar in Woking. This is very centrally placed in Woking but you could be in France. The cheese trolley is brilliant and we have not seen one of these ever in a small town centre wine bar. The list is impressive and equally matches those in central London. Go!
- Eat the freshest curry at The Dabbling Duck in Shere. This very English cafe (it’s more) in Shere is delightful and serves a large range of high quality foods. It gets crowded at the weekend so be warned. There is beautiful walking to be had around Shere so go prepared. For old time film buffs they also filmed the Holiday here with Rene Zellwegger.
- Go running with the Stragglers running group in Kingston upon Thames. This all encompassing group meet at The Albion pub in the Fairfield area of Kingston at 7.30. There are a range of groups from walking to the slightly more competitive. This is a great running group and very friendly. Total beginners are totally welcome!