London Wine Week, the Eurovision Song Contest and three other things to do today
1. Make sure you vote for the UK in the Eurovision Song Contest this Saturday. This year we have Electro Velvet singing ‘Still in Love with You’. The video of this is below. The grand final is on at 20:00 on BBC 1.
2. This week is London Wine Week. Buy a wrist band and join in a few of the events.
3. On Saturday evening we went tot the London Canal Museum to see a Harp recital by world renowned harpist Catrin Finch. Catrin was launching her new album Tides in which she donated a track to raise money and awareness for Wateraid. You can see the full details here. The video below shows Catrin arriving at the museum by Tug with Harp in hand! The other video is a glimpse of Catrin’s performance. You can donate to Wateraid here if you wish.
4. Make sure that you enter the Family Travel show competition. 5thingstodotoday is giving away a pair or tickets for free. Closing date is this Friday. Please see here for details.
5. Read this to make you feel less important!
Sometime when you’re feeling important;
Sometime when your ego ‘s in bloom;
Sometime when you take it for granted,
You’re the best qualified in the room:
Sometime when you feel that your going,
Would leave an unfillable hole,
Just follow these simple instructions,
And see how they humble your soul.
Take a bucket and fill it with water,
Put your hand in it up to the wrist,
Pull it out and the hole that’s remaining,
Is a measure of how much you’ll be missed.
You can splash all you wish when you enter,
You may stir up the water galore,
But stop, and you’ll find that in no time,
It looks quite the same as before.
The moral of this quaint example,
Is to do just the best that you can,
Be proud of yourself but remember,
There’s no indispensable man.