Rebel Hearts: Billie the Kid – A Musical Journey of Love and Equality
- “Billie the Kid” is a new British musical featuring music and lyrics by Gez Mercer, with a book co-written by Conway McDermott and Gez Mercer.
- The musical is directed by Kerry Kyriacos Michael and is making its debut in the West End at the Vaudeville Theatre on Monday, November 13th, and Monday, November 20th, with both performances starting at 7:30 PM.
- The story revolves around seventeen-year-old Billie Belle, who comes from a challenging background in a Bible Belt town but dreams of securing a full-ride scholarship to Charleston City College.
- Billie’s plans for the future with her childhood sweetheart, Brody Benson, are disrupted when she discovers Brody’s secret correspondence with David Francis, the school’s punk rocker.
- The musical explores themes of love, betrayal, self-discovery, and the journey towards justice and equality, with Billie finding herself at the center of a unique love story where her ultimate happiness is defined on her own terms.