Try out the new Temptation Wheel at The Savoy Hotel
THE SAVOY LAUNCHES THE TEMPTATION WHEEL, A NEW DINING EXPERIENCE FEATURING DESSERTS, CHOCOLATES AND COCKTAILS
At the heart of The Savoy, a Fairmont managed hotel, the Thames Foyer is a magnificent glass domed atrium providing an enchanting and elegant space. Already world famous for its Afternoon Tea, on 1 October 2015, the Thames Foyer will be launching an exquisite and theatrical Temptation Wheel of gourmet chocolates, indulgent desserts and hand-crafted cocktails.
Presented on a beautiful lit up mahogany spinning wheel, the menu is divided into a painter’s palette of flavours. From light and fresh, to rich and indulgent, each dessert has been carefully matched with a handmade chocolate and uniquely blended cocktail. The Temptation Wheel offers guidance, but guests are also encouraged to pick the right combination to suit their mood, taste and preference.
Brought to the table on a specially commissioned domed bell cart created by Inkorporate, the desserts have a visual and theatrical element to add to the layered experience. Created by The Savoy’s Executive Pastry Chef, Ludwig Hely and his inspirational and talented in-house patisserie team, the desserts combine quality ingredients with cutting edge techniques, resulting in a breath-taking gastronomic experience.
Examples from the dessert menu include:
- One Thousand and One Layers – £16 Ginger chiboust cream, roasted mangoes, passion fruit caviar, caramelised puff pastry
- Roasted Figs – £15 Hot rosemary roasted figs, speculos crumbs, almond brittle, red wine marbled ice cream
- Chocolátl – £16 Unique textures of 63% Gran Blanco dark chocolate served in an edible coco pod
Created by Chris Moore and the Beaufort Bar team, the cocktails are equally remarkable. Moving from zesty and fragrant to rich and aromatic, much imagination has gone into their design.
Examples from the cocktail menu include:
- Southern Rose – £16 – fragrant, floral, fruity Grey Goose, rose, muscat, St Germain, raspberry syrup
- Kings and Quince – £16 – fruit, spices, vanilla Woodford Reserve, quince liqueur, salted almond
- Winding Road – £16 – indulgent, intense, deep Bacardi Ocho, ruby port, coffee maple, chocolate bitters
Ranging from honey, caramel and cream, to coffee, tobacco and fig flavours, the luxury chocolates have been brought to life in the Savoy’s glass-fronted chocolate kitchen by their award-winning chocolatiers
Throughout the day, the Thames Foyer hums with gentle chatter, melodious piano and the delicate sound of silver on bone china. A wrought iron winter garden gazebo is a striking centrepiece, surrounded by sumptuously upholstered high backed chairs, low sofas and white linen clad tables. Now open until 12 midnight with their brand new Temptation Wheel offering, The Thames Foyer will now also be the perfect place to enjoy a decadent and truly unique evening.
The Temptation Wheel is available from 7.30pm until 12 midnight – Monday- Sunday