Make Sweet Potato and Cinnamon Muffins this Christmas
Embrace the festive season with this unique recipe for sweet potato and cinnamon muffins. Spicy cinnamon compliments fluffy butter cream to create a sweet treat that’s perfect for a thoughtful Christmas gift, special Boxing Day brunch or simply gobbled up fresh from the oven.
237mcg vitamin A
For the muffins
250g cooked sweet potato, mashed
80ml vegetable oil
200g self raising flour
¾tsp ground cinnamon
For the butter icing
50g sweet potato jam or any other jam
80g butter (soft but not melted)
300/400g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180° C and line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs with the sugar. Add the oil and water and mix well.
- Sieve the flour and cinnamon together before adding to the egg mixture. Fold everything together before adding the sweet potatoes.
- Pour into the muffin case filling them about 3/4 full. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until muffins are cooked.
- Place the butter and jam in a large bowl (you can use a food processor if you prefer) and slowly add the sugar a little at the time mixing continuously.
- Carry on adding sugar till your preferred consistency has been reached. Pipe the cream onto the cold muffins and enjoy.
For more recipes please visit www.lovesweetpotatoes.com