Cathren Costantino from Oxfordshire band Saving Cathren shares her 5 things
- For me, it’s all about taking control over my body’s own internal chemistry, So start your day with FRESH fruit! Why do you ask? Because the sugar inside fruit, called fructose, does NOT need insulin to carry it into the cells so a couple of juicy fresh fruits in the morning and within 20 minutes to an hour all thirty trillion something cells in your body have got their main source of power we all run on, Glucose! And if you pay close attention you realise how happy it makes you feel after! Infallible!
- The next thing I absolutely must do every day is to make the bed as soon as you get up. There is something so special about getting into a freshly made bed at night, even if you have just pulled the bedsheet tight and tidied the covers. It is transformational. Another huge benefit is that the bed often takes up the largest “eyespace” in the room so an unmade bed makes the entire room look messy.
- If there is one thing you HAVE to you today is setup your “Hey Siri, Remind me to….” Having your phone able to take a note of things you need to remember to get done is magical. So many millions of people don’t use it and it horrifies me, LOL Its like your own personal assistant right there within earshot. She can even hear you from the other room.
- Following on from that, another thing I must do every single day is to go and sit on my bed in calm and open my Reminders App and see what on it I can quickly get done. This is a massive dopamine hit, the reward hormone, and makes my mind calm and clear and the sleep that comes after so full and rewarding.
- The 5th and final thing you absolutely must do today is to get yourself a heating blanket. For under you, right on the mattress. Turn it on 30 minutes before you get in the bed and then right off when you get in. It is not about keeping you warm at night! There is something so primal about crawling into a warm space to retire for the night. So familiar, so safe, so private. If you share your bed, get a single size, and put it just on your side. You won’t regret it!