Royal Philharmonic Orchestra streams first performance with Vasily Petrenko. Wednesday 8 April from 4pm BST on the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra’s YouTube channnel and 4 other things to do
Here are today’s selection
Royal Philharmonic Orchestra streams first performance with Vasily Petrenko. Wednesday 8 April from 4pm BST on the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra’s YouTube channnel
Follow the link and set a reminder to be notified when it goes live for 24 hours only:
With regular travel currently off the cards, what better time to sit back and enjoy the Derry Girls’ series? With season 3 of the smash hit Channel 4 show predicted to land on our screens by May, Hastings Hotels, Northern Ireland, is launching a brand new tour packages experience devoted to the show. Fans and to-be-fans can now watch now… and visit later – with these new experiences ready for once travel kicks off again.
Recipe: Master Your Bread Making Skills with Carr’s Flour.
360ml Warm Water
7g Fast Action Dried Yeast
500g Carr’s Strong White Flour
1. In a large food box with lid, pour in the water and dried yeast. Stir until dissolved.
2. Add the flour and salt then mix well, using your hand with a claw action to combine all the ingredients.
3. Put the lid over, but don’t close completely. Leave for around 2 hours (or until it’s doubled in size) in a warm place.
4. Put the lid firmly on and place in fridge overnight.
5. When ready to bake, take out the dough and tip onto a lightly floured work surface. Fold the dough over on itself a couple of times and then shape into a dome. Leave on the surface or on a floured baking tray for a further hour.
6. Preheat the oven to 200˚C (180˚C Fan Oven, Gas Mark 6) with your large lidded casserole dish inside.
7. Once up to temperature, flour the casserole dish and place your dough inside, seam side up.
Bake your loaf for around 40 minutes, or until golden brown. Taking the lid off for the last 15minutes.
8. To check it’s ready, tap the bottom of the loaf and if it sounds hollow it’s ready to enjoy!
Fresh bread is best eaten as soon as possible, but will keep fine for a couple of days wrapped in parchment and placed in a hessian bag or wrapped in a tea towel and placed in the bread bin.
Royal Albert Hall launches Royal Albert Home: new free shows featuring Rufus Wainwright and more.
Royal Albert Home will open its virtual doors this week, as one of the world’s most iconic venues comes direct to audiences from artists’ living rooms with a programme of exclusive shows.
Rufus Wainwright will launch the series on Thursday 9 April, as London’s Royal Albert Hall keeps the venue’s spirit alive during its closure by presenting free sessions from performers’ homes.
West End and Broadway star Elaine Paige launches the 24-Hour Song Challenge by challenging the Olivier award-winning cast of Showstopper! The Improvised Musical to compose a unique song in the style of her favourite musical… against the clock!
West End and Broadway star Elaine Paige today launches the 24-Hour Song Challenge by challenging The Showstoppers to compose her a musical theatre song in just 24 hours.
At 11am via Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, Elaine threw down the gauntlet for the Olivier Award-winning improvisers to compose a song about having to stay isolated at home in the style of “West Side Story”, which is her favourite musical of all time.
Watch her challenge with this link:
The finished song – recorded by the cast who are all isolated from each other – will be unveiled on social media at 11am on Thursday 9 April.