5 things to do – Wednesday 14th November 2018 #London #Travel #Christmas #Covent Garden
Here are today’s 5 things selection. Things from new film releases to Hot Gin and Tonics.
- See award-winning theatre company Cardboard Citizens. As part of the launch of the Mayor of London’s Winter Homelessness Fundraising Campaign, award-winning theatre company Cardboard Citizens will perform Rising by Femi Keeling in the Council Chamber of London’s City Hall on Tuesday 27 November at 7.00pm. It will be livestreamed to the public for free, from www.cardboardcitizens.org.uk/RisingLive and from the City of London website www.london.gov.uk. Viewers can comment and contribute to the debate from the Cardboard Citizens website, and by tweeting using the hashtag #CitzRising.
- Go behind the scenes of James Wan’s epic underwater world in this brand new AQUAMAN featurette from Warner Bros. UK. From Warner Bros. Pictures and director James Wan comes an action-packed adventure that spans the vast, visually breathtaking underwater world of the seven seas, “Aquaman,” starring Jason Momoa in the title role. The film reveals the origin story of half-human, half-Atlantean Arthur Curry and takes him on the journey of his lifetime—one that will not only force him to face who he really is, but to discover if he is worthy of who he was born to be…a king.
- The King of Soho Gin has created a Gin Palace in the heart of Soho, a place to indulge in exquisite gin-based drinks, delicious small plates and live entertainment. The King is coming home to 21 Great Windmill Street, the first and one of the quirkier property purchases in Paul Raymond’s Soho crown. From the 14th November for 6 weeks only, #21Soho will be the celebration destination, offering a rare insight into the playground of entertainment legend Paul Raymond, whose legacy was the inspiration behind both The King of Soho London Dry and the new Pink Variorum Gin. Book Now
- Try at Hot Gin & Tonic at British restaurant group Bill’s to mark the start of the festive season! A twist on the traditional Hot Toddy and alternative to age old mulled wine, Bill’s Hot Gin & Tonic is inspired by the classic Gin Twist – combining the aromatic botanicals of London Dry Gin with winter flavours of cinnamon, ginger and juniper for a truly festival flavour combination.
- Visit the Christmas lights at London’s Covent Garden. This year the lights were switched on by Paloma Faith. You can expect the return of our 40 magnificent mistletoe chandeliers – each ranging from 2.5 to 3.5 metres in size, adorned with almost 700 glistening berries. Over 320 metres of garlands unite the chandeliers, with around 100,000 pea lights suspended within the historic Market Building. Outside, the world famous Piazza will once again host London’s biggest hand-picked Christmas tree and the return of our magnificent reindeer statue on the East Piazza! Share your favourite thing about Christmas in Covent Garden with us by tweet to @CoventGardenLDN and share your images to #CoventGardenChristmas
If you would like to share your 5 things to do then please e-mail email@example.com.